If you’re a mom and you were born after 1980, chances are you’ve made protein balls a time or two. We’ve tried a ton of recipes on Pinterest, but this has by far been our favorite hybrid of them all. So today we wanted to share our fave protein ball recipe with you. We think a few additional simple pantry ingredients really add some flavor you’ll like too!
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make your protein balls nut allergy friendly (great for sending in lunch boxes!) sub your nut butter for sun butter!
- Chia seeds can be swapped for ground flaxseeds. I always use whichever I have on hand in my pantry at the time.
- Melt coconut oil until it takes on liquid form (15-20 seconds in the microwave does the trick for me).
- Add in honey, vanilla, mix well.
- Add in oats, nut butter, pretzels, chia seeds, and mix.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and mix until all combined.
- Roll into bite sized balls, refrigerate and enjoy!
We usually double this recipe since they disappear so quickly.
Before rolling our bite sized balls, I like to coat my hands in some coconut oil. It helps the mixture to bind easier, and leaves less of the residue off my hands, and more on the bite sized treats!